We offer an extensive array of neurotherapy, neurofeedback and traditional biofeedback protocols to enhance various brain states and to help with cognitive, emotional and educational difficulties. Additionally we offer peak performance protocols for the enhancement of performance in athletic, artistic, academic and occupational pursuits. We also have several new methods to help with learning disabilities and sensory integration issues. Please read our home page to learn more about neurofeedback and how it is done.
We have the most comprehensive selection of brain enhancement devices and protocols in the DC metro area. We provide:
- Traditional frequency-based EEG biofeedback training with several types of equipment (used for all types of conditions)
- Live Z Score training in Functional Connectivity ( for all types of conditions but particularly useful for learning disabilities and head injuries)
- Passive Infrared Hemoencephalography (pIR HEG) (used with migraine headaches and inattentive ADHD)
- Low Energy Neurofeedback System (LENS) (useful with most attentional disorders, depression and mild cognitive impairment)
- Auditory Listening Therapy (used with many conditions but particularly helpful with sensory integration issues, auditory processing deficits and stress disorders)
- Roshi EEG Disentrainment Feedback (used with anxiety disorders, depression, stress and pain)
- Photonic Stimulator (helpful for relaxation and pain control)
- Cranial Electrical Stimulation (helpful for stress disorders, insomnia and pain management)
- Heart Rate Variability training (for stress, emotional reactivity and cognitive enhancement)
- Thermal Biofeedback training (for stress management, headache prevention, insomnia and attention regulation)
- Galvanic Stress Response training (for emotional reactivity and stress management)
- Full 19 site Quantitative Electroencephalogram (qEEG) with and without neurologist report for diagnostic purposes and for determining best neurofeedback protocols
- Mini qEEG 10 site Brain Map for determining best neurofeedback protocols
We offer neuropsychological and psychoeducational testing, and individual, couples and group psychotherapy. Our staff therapists offer individual, family, couples and group work. Jason Mathison, our School Psychologist provides psychological testing. Please call the office for more information or to schedule an appointment.
We offer neuropsychological and psychoeducational testing in addition to testing for accommodations and disability testing.
Why see our Registered Dietitian?
Good nutrition is the foundation of good brain health. We are finding that our clients who follow good nutritional guidelines have a quicker and longer lasting response to neurofeedback. As part of your nutritional counseling, the following may be addressed:
- Individual differences/reactions to foods and other substances found in food, eg, additives or toxins adequate calories, nutrition
- Role of neurotoxins and heavy metals
- role of inflammation
- Adequate vitamins and minerals
- Food sensitivities
- Gastrointestinal health
- Medical Nutrition Therapy
- Disordered eating
- Anti-inflammatory diet
- Migraine headaches
- Weight management
- Irritable bowel syndrome
Nutrition Counseling Initial Appointment 90 minutes.
Your personal session starts with an extensive evaluation and assessment of previous and current lifestyle behaviors that affect your presenting problem and overall good health. At the end of this session, the assessment will be used to develop an Action Plan.
Nutrition Counseling Ongoing sessions 30-60 minutes.
Each session provides support for your Action Plan as you begin to incorporate changes into your life. Sessions will include education materials and medical nutrition therapy that addresses your individual needs.
We offer food sensitivity screening and advanced nutrition protocols that are helpful for those with migraines, irritable bowel syndrome, fibromyalgia and many other conditions.